Wednesday 15 May 2013

Books

Going into another world, escaping all your daily pursuits and just pretend that your living this life full of adventures. I have been thinking about writing this post for a while but needed a bit more encouragement from my own side to start it. I love reading books, the hard covers where the pages get yellow, old and it all just really smells like books are so nice. But I have to say that I really like my Ipad and the app iBooks. I have about 100 books on there, different series and I can't wait to read them all. 

I know I should remove a few of them to make some room for others but I can't do it, every time just before that moment that I really am going to delete some, I just freeze. Anyone else has this problem? I just have this idea in my head that I want to read a few of them later, and it would be a shame if they were gone, right?

At the moment I'm reading the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, maybe you know the series from the first book that was turned into a movie and came out in 2010? I also saw that the second movie, about the second book will come out in 2013, so excited to see what they've done with it!

I wanted to give you a quick look into a list of my favorite book series, of course I know there are many great other ones, and I could make this post go on for ever and ever.. But yea, don't think that's such a good idea, so you can find a few of my favorites below. 

Peachville High Demons series, by Sarra Cannon.
The series exists of 6 books; they tell the story about a girl that switches foster homes more often than her own clothes. After getting kicked out of her latest foster home she gets send to her last resort Shadowford home for girls. After a murder in her new town she finds out that it was no coincidence that she got send there and that she is not just a normal girl. 

 I love Sarra's writing; it felt like I read all books in one breath. I can't wait for her next book 'The trouble with goodbye'!

 Mortal instruments series, by Cassandra Clare.
This series also has 6 books; the first book is soon going to come out in theatres all over the world in 2013! About the book, it's about a girl who lives alone with her mom in New York. She finds out she can see things that no one else can and that there are others like her. Her mom disappears and all she can do is trust these strangers with the weird ability to see the weirdest creatures ever, just like her.. 

The book takes you to a world next to our own, after reading you would almost think that it is real. That there really are werewolves and demons and whole cities that we don't even know of. The last book in the series will be published in 2014. 


 The Uglies , by Scott Westerfeld
These books take place into a world where everyone is born ugly and once you turn 16 you are made beautiful. Friends and families get separated but no one can wait to become beautiful themselves. The main character in the book is a month away from her 16th birthday and finds herself in many adventures before she can become her true self.

Before I started reading these books I did not have high expectations, after the first 10 pages I even thought about putting the book aside. It just didn't interest me, but I have to warn you.. After the first chapter the story just drags you in, so be warned!


Soul screamers series, by Rachel Vincent
Soul screamers is a series of 10 books about a teenage bean sidhe (banshee) Kaylee Cavanaugh. Kayleigh tries her best to be normal even though the threat of the Netherworld (a frightening, hidden for human's world full of mythical monsters that want to possess her body and soul) is never far away.

I love this book because of the romance dilemmas between the main characters. The choices she has to make while her life hangs on a threat. I can't wait for the last book; it will come out in May of 2013 that is THIS MONTH!!


Hush, Hush series, by Becca Fitzpatrick
The book follows teenager Nora Grey, who has a normal life until she meets Patch a fallen angel. The series exists out of 4 books in which Nora escapes dead more than ones. 

The start of the series is a bit slow and needs some getting into, halfway through the first book I really fell in love with the characters. 


 Some other series:
  • The vampire diaries, by L.J. Smith
  • Dark angel chronicles, by Melanie Nilles 
  • Divergent Trilogy (last book will be published in 2013), by Veronica Roth
  • Fallen series, by Lauren Kate
  • Darkest powers trilogy, by Kelley Armstrong 
  • Caster Chronicles, by Kami Garcia
  • Shifters, by Rachel Vincent
  • Unbound series, by Rachel Vincent
  • Unwind trilogy (last book will be published in 2013), by Neal Shusterman
  • The Immortals, by Alyson Noel
  • Providence Trilogy, by Jamie McGuire
  • Sea Breeze Series (next book will be published in 2013), by Abbi Glines
  • Existence Trilogy, by Abbi Glines
  • The Vincent boys, by Abbi Glines
  • Shadow Falls series (next book will be published in 2013), by C.C. Hunter
  • Selection Trilogy (last book will be published in 2014), by Kiera Cass
  • The Wolves of Mercy Falls, by Maggie Stiefvater
A few of my favorite writers are Abbi Glines, Rachel Vincent and Sarra Cannon. I can't wait for all of their next books to come out! If you are a book freak like me you might have noticed that I love fantasy books. It's just that most of the fantasy stories are so much alike our own life but on the other hand are so totally different. 

Please let me know if you think you have any books that I should read, I would love to hear your opinion!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. - Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment