Saturday 27 April 2013

Albania

At the end of May me and all the other students in my year will be visiting Albania. Doing some research I found out some interesting facts.


  • There is nog official 'drinking age' in Albania, for example the Dutch legal drinking age is 18, and in the USA it's 21, so how does that work in Albania?
  • Shaking your head from left to right means 'yes' while nodding means 'no'.
  • There is only 1 heliport in Albania, so the whole country has only 1..
  • Albania has never won an Olympic medal.
  • About 95% of the rain falls during winter months.
  • The Albanian people call their country 'Republika e Shqiperise', this doesn't even sound like Republic of Albania.
After my return at the beginning of June I will let you know what I found out about this country. I am very curious if the habitants of Albania often have miscommunications with the visitors from other countries. Especially with the yes and no shaking of their heads, without noticing you use it a lot.. So we will see!

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. - Aldous Huxley


No comments:

Post a Comment