Monday 29 April 2013

Dreamer

Music can take you any place you can dream of. In many songs I find something that relates to me and reflects my mood, like the songwriter wrote it especially for me.

Bring in the dancers, bring in the clowns, bring in the magic in the air and I’ll sing you a song. I'm calling all dreamers won't you ever wake up, my sweetheart.


To me some music gives me a feeling of floating, maybe that's why I also like reading. It gives me the feeling that I step into another world and escape from reality. You could say that music and books are a bit of the same to me, they both tell me a story, something that I can dream of.

One out of a million become one out of three and one out of thousands in the world became one heart to me. If you ever leave me, I'll hope I never wake up, my sweetheart.

The lyrics in this post are from a Dutch singer/songwriter called Dinand Woesthoff; the song is for his wife who died of the horrible disease cancer. It's so brave that he put all of these emotions in a song, you can feel the pain and loss, it's not something I would be able to do.


So bring in the dancers, bring in the clowns, bring in the magic in the air around you and give me your smile. I'm calling you a dreamer and don't you ever wake up no, my sweetheart.


You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one. - John Lennon


No comments:

Post a Comment